Our topic for the Autumn Term is -
This half term we will be learning all about superpowers and unleashing some superhero writing! Year 3 will learn about forces and magnets. Next half term we will be focusing on light.
Things to look forward to this term -
- Everybody Calculates Day - Monday 7th January
-Trip to the Cambridge Science Museum - 29th & 30th January
- Trips to St Neots Library in small groups 4th-8th March
- Willow Class Assembly - 20th March
- Making a magnetic superhero.
- Creating a super-powered vehicle for a superhero.
This week (25.03.19) in Year 3 we will be
- Using our fabulous play scripts to base a newspaper article on. We'll be refreshing our knowledge of features of a newspaper and writing a Superman inspired article.
- In Maths we will be continuing our unit on measure. We'll be looking at measuring in cm and m and also how to convert measure by multiplying and dividing by 100. starting with measuring length.
- We are continuing computing in the afternoons this week, looking at how to stay safe online and we'll be learning how to code!
On Monday 10th September the children all took part in an Archaeological dig to find out more about their topic 'Yabba Dabba Do' The children discovered bones, stone age figures,animals, cave paintings, and a sharp piece of flint used for a spear head.
Click here for more information.