Our topic for the Autumn Term is -
'Yabba Dabba Do'
We will be learning about Early Man and the stages from The Stone Age up to The Iron Age.
Things to look forward to this term -
-Stone Age Day - Friday 28th September
- Archaeological Dig and Recount Writing
- Cave Painting
- Making Stone Age Bread and cooking outside
- Skeleton and Muscle Discoverys
and much more!
This week (17.09.18) in Year 3 we will be
- Delving into the past by reading 'Stone Age Boy' to gain an understanding of the historical setting and characters.
-In Maths we will be working on mental addition, adding 10 and 100.
- We will also begin Reciprocal Reading this week, where we will be discussing texts to gain a deeper understanding, promoting the importance of clarifying new words as well as comprehension. Information for how you can help at home can be found in your child's reading record.
On Monday 10th September the children all took part in an Archaeological dig to find out more about their topic 'Yabba Dabba Do' The children discovered bones, stone age figures,animals, cave paintings, and a sharp piece of flint used for a spear head.
Click here for more information.