Our topic for the Autumn Term is -
'Yabba Dabba Do'
We will be learning about Early Man and the stages from The Stone Age up to The Iron Age.
Things to look forward to this term -
-Stone Age Day - Friday 28th September
- Archaeological Dig and Recount Writing
- Cave Painting
- Making Stone Age Bread and cooking outside
- Skeleton and Muscle Discoveries
and much more!
This week (19.11.18) in Year 3 we will be
- Completing our instruction writing in English, evaluating and editing what we've written.
- Focusing on division in maths, using grouping, number lines and bar modeling.
- Learning about rocks and comparing and grouping them by their appearance and properties.
- We are looking forward to our Cinema trip to see Early Man on Friday. Please make sure your child has comfortable shoes and a coat to wear.
On Monday 10th September the children all took part in an Archaeological dig to find out more about their topic 'Yabba Dabba Do' The children discovered bones, stone age figures,animals, cave paintings, and a sharp piece of flint used for a spear head.
Click here for more information.