Our topic for the Autumn Term is -
This half term we will be learning all about superpowers and unleashing some superhero writing! Year 3 will learn about forces and magnets. Next half term we will be focusing on light.
Things to look forward to this term -
- Everybody Calculates Day - Monday 7th January
-Trip to the Cambridge Science Museum - 29th & 30th January
- Trips to St Neots Library in small groups 4th-8th March
- Willow Class Assembly - 20th March
- Making a magnetic superhero.
- Creating a super-powered vehicle for a superhero.
This week (21.01.19) in Year 3 we will be
- continuing our work on newspapers along with undertaking some reading comprehension activities.
- Focusing on word problems involving addition in maths.
- Experimenting with magnets in Science and exploring north and south poles (attraction and repelling).
On Monday 10th September the children all took part in an Archaeological dig to find out more about their topic 'Yabba Dabba Do' The children discovered bones, stone age figures,animals, cave paintings, and a sharp piece of flint used for a spear head.
Click here for more information.