Aspire: We promote the importance of dreaming, providing experiences and opportunities to try new things.
We expect staff to live by:
- Provide out of school opportunities for children to experience the world outside school
- Positive talk about what chdn can achieve in life / in lessons / in Bushmead
- Talent day – children sign up to workshops of their interest Talent board actively promoted by all
- Develop and celebrate musicians
- Develop and celebrate artists
- Provide life skills
- Life saving
- Culture and communities
- Regularly bring back ex pupils (challenging / successful) to promote aspirations and show jobs ex pupils have now
- Giving a view to different professions through for example
- Assemblies around careers
- Visits to different work environments (linked to the curriculum)
- Careers topic every year
- Annual careers week?
- Jobs fayre / day
We expect children to live by:
- Dream! Be open to different jobs and ideas about your own future.
- Try different experiences when they are offered
We expect parents to live by:
- Encourage children to dream and try different experiences