Assessment and Results
The tables below shows the Performance Data for children om the 2018 -2019 cohort, as they leave Bushmead in Year 6, compared to children nationally.
Table 1. % of children AT the expected level
|Subject||% of Bushmead children at the expected standard||% of children Nationally at the expected standard|
|R,W & M||60%||61%|
Table 2. % of children ABOVE the expected level
|Subject||% of Bushmead children above the expected standard||% of children Nationally above the expected standard|
|R,W & M||4%||9%|
More detailed performance data can be found on the Government website below, including the following details:
- Average progress scores in reading, writing and maths
- Average scaled schools in reading and maths
- Percentage of pupils who achieve the expected standard or above in reading writing and maths
- Percentage of pupils who have a achieved a high level of attainment in reading writing and maths
National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
2019 - 2020 Cohort Swimming Assessment
Due to the COVID 19 crisis, Year 6 have been unable to undertake swimming lessons
2018 - 2019 Cohort Swimming Assessment
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres - 72%
- use a range of strokes effectively - 75%
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations - 58%
2017 -2018 Cohort Swimming Assessment
Unfortunately, due to the local pool closing at short notice for refurbishment, we have been unable to assess the Year 6 children this year. We have asked parents to provide information to the above swimming requirements.
From 29 children all replied and the following % figures were obtained.
- Swim confidently over 25m – 38%
- Range of strokes- 41%
- Self rescue- 38%
2016 -2017 Cohort Swimming Assessment
- Swim confidently over 25m-72%
- Range of strokes-76%
- Self rescue-72%