Year 2 - Cedar and Lime
Welcome to Year Two
Teaching assistant- Mrs Standage
Teacher-Mrs Rodriguez (maternity cover)/ Miss Leach
Teaching assistant- Mrs Howlett
- Please can all homework books be brought into school by Wednesday to allow teacher marking and new homework to be set
- Please ensure that all school uniform and PE kit are fully named
This Term's Learning
In Year 2 our topic is 'Infinity and Beyond'. This unit of work is all about space and the significant people in history that have influenced what we now know about space, e.g. Neil Armstrong and the moon landing.
We are really enjoying the story 'The man on the moon' by Simon Bartram. We know the story really well and next week we will be having a go at making some changes to the story. For example- The Man on Mars.
This week we have been learning about addition, we have learnt to add using partitioning into tens and ones. We have also had a go at column addition! Next week we will look more closely at subtraction.
This week we have finished our Peter Thorpe rocket pictures. We are very proud of them! We have also been busy with out design and technology project of making a rocket that has a door or a window for an astronaut to get in and out. Lime and Cedar rockets are amazing! Next week, we are moving on to learning about the planets in our solar system.
- Cedar indoor PE is on Tuesday
- Lime indoor PE is on Wednesday
- Cedar and Lime outdoor PE is on Monday
Children are expected to arrive in school PE uniform on the above PE days. Please click here for details
Week beginning 15th October 2021
- Tricky word spellings- learn to spell being creative!
- Spelling- Year 2 common exception words- learn to spell being creative!
Year 2 spellings will start after the half term holiday